Cyber Bullying is a Major Issue Among Children According to Statistics
Did you think that cyber-bullying was just a minor issue amongst children? Well, after reading some of the statistics below, you’ll probably think otherwise. I-SAFE Inc. surveyed 2003-2004 and found out some startling statistics:
According to I-Safe:
- 52% of kids have been bullied while online. 1 in 4 have had it happen more than once.
- 45% of kids have been threatened online. Nearly 1 in 5 have had it happen more than once.
- 41% of kids have received mean or threatening e-mail or other messages.
- 58% of kids admit someone has said mean or hurtful things to them online. More than 4 out of 10 say it has happened more than once.
- 53% of kids admit having said something mean or hurtful to another person online. More than 1 in 3 have done it more than once.
- 58% have not told their parents or an adult about something mean or hurtful that happened to them online.” [Source: I-Safe]
PS. Be sure to subscribe to our FREE newsletter.
I-Safe, Inc. (2011). “Cyber bullying statistics and tips”. Online. Retrieved 7/21/11 from http://www.isafe.org